About A Good Start
Chapter 1: Introduction – Understanding inclusion
Chapter 2: High-quality learning and care for all children
1. What can we learn from research?
2. High-quality practice – What’s it all about?
Chapter 3: Opening doors – The key is high-quality, inclusive practices
2. Family and Community Involvement
3. Democratic Values, inclusive Environment and Practice, and Respect for
4. Assessment and Planning
5. Teaching Strategies
6. Learning Environment
7. Teacher’s Professional Development
Chapter 4: Child’s portfolio
1. What is a child’s portfolio?
2. What are the purposes of a portfolio?
3. How to do I create a portfolio? What should I put in it?
4. Children’s reflection in their portfolio
5. How to use a child’s portfolio for assessment?
6. How to use a child’s portfolio when working with parents
7. Who can present the portfolio to parents?
Chapter 5: The biggest challenge – Losing contact with Roma children and
What the preschool teacher can do to prevent it
Chapter 6: More questions that need to be answered – What else do we need
to think about?
1. How do we communicate with hard-to-reach families and children and how
do we motivate them to enroll in kindergarten?
2. How do we provide support to children and families in times of
3. How to improve home learning environments and parenting skills?
4. Is the quality of services enough to support a child’s success,
especially when the child comes from a vulnerable group?
5. Can preschool teachers make a difference alone?